This will be my last entry for a week or so as I hand over the reigns to guest blogger Leilani Holmes as she reports from the London Screenwriters’ Festival.
Our line up is extraordinary and I have the most amazing team behind me.
The festival is a three day event starting tomorrow (Thursday night) in the centre of London (Regents College, Regents Park) with over 100 industry figures and 500 delegates. Speakers include Duncan Kenworthy (Love Actually), Dave Reynolds (Finding Nemo), Joe Cornish (Attack The Block), Ben Stephenson (BBC commissioner), Rowan Joffe (28 Weeks Later), Sam Taylor Wood (Nowhere Boy), plus nearly 100 more including producers, commissioners, writers, directors… FULL DETAILS HERE
So what can you expect?
- Over 100 industry speakers from all strata of the industry
- Over 70 sessions on all aspects of screenwriting
- Networking events designed to get you connected
- Speed pitching, so you can pitch your project to industry shakers and movers
- Access to filmed sessions (both from last year and this year)
- Script Chat, meet speakers face to face in structured round table sessions
- Online network, get networking now by joining the LSF exclusive delegate network
- Get your script read by professionals in the free Euroscript clinic
- Free legal advice at the legal clinic
- Get one on one in our Mentoring Programmes
Plus the big one… total immersion in screenwriting for three and a half days (there is a pre registration party on Thursday 27th too). So that’s just you and 500 other industry players, all celebrating screenwriting, collaborating on new projects and helping one another.
Onwards and upwards!
Chris Jones, Film Maker and Author