Iron Sky is the most famous crowdsourced / crowdfunded / crowdinvested feature film to date. One key member of the Iron Sky team recently shared his top seven tips to Crowdsourcing with distro guru Jon Reiss, which Jon just shared with us in his London TOTBO workshop.
And here they are…
1. Communicate with the community.
2. Be transparent at all times.
3. Make the tasks you ask of ‘the crowd’ both simple and doable (ideally within a few hours)
4. Follow up on the tasks, don’t just send them out and cease communication.
5. Use the same communication mode and sites throughout the project – don’t switch halfway through or you will loose people.
6. Don’t loose trust with ‘the crowd’.
7. Don’t try to sell anything.
And finally, the big takeaway was ‘don’t underestimate the workload’. But that is often counterbalanced by the clear benefits.
Onwards and upwards!