Join hundreds of doc filmmakers for a two-day event that details cutting edge and contemporary documentary film making techniques, strategies and success stories, from conception through to completion.
DATE: September 22nd / 23rd (Saturday/Sunday, 9.00am to 6.30pm)
VENUE: Regents College, Regents Park, London
PRICE: £139.00 (discount to £99 with code CHRISJONES) http://www.documentarysummit.com/
New film makers across the world are creating extraordinary documentaries, reaching audiences, making both money and a name for themselves, sometimes even catalysing profound change in the way people behave.
THE DOCUMENTARY SUMMIT will take you through EVERY step of the process, discussing the more important aspects with our visiting industry experts.
- Learn how to turn your good idea into a worldclass killer proposition.
- Go through the whole process, step by step.
- Documentaries are not facts, they are truths, and therefore stories, so we will teach you about story structure.
- Figure out the best technology for your documentary, camera, editing, sound.
- Find out where to get crew and partners.
- Get your legal questions answered and leave with form contracts and releases, the paperwork you need.
- Learn what attracts broadcasters to invest in your film, or buy it.
- How to bypass traditional routes to funding and distribution (and why you should)
- How to get your film into cinemas and on TV
- What to do next, this is a career!
Confirmed Industry Expert Speakers
Al Morrow, Producer at Met Film Production
Terry Stevens, Distribution, Dogwoof
Edward Caffrey, Head of Documentary Acquisitions & Sales | Journeyman Pictures
Sean McAllister, Documentary Filmmaker
More Speakers announced in coming days.
Join hundreds of documentary film makers just like you
Central to the summit however are the delegates. After running large scale film making events over the last year (The Guerilla Film Makers Masterclass, London Screenwriters’ Festival, Comedy Writers’ Festival), we have found that the community and collaborative possibilities presented by the delegates at the event are just as essential as the speakers on stage.
So come and join us for the Documentary Summit, a learning and networking experience like no other. http://www.documentarysummit.com/
Onwards and upwards!