Calling all composers – get your music on our screenwriting radio station

THIS PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED

We are about to launch an internet radio station dedicated to screenwriting (exact date TBC pending a bunch of tech issues we are ironing out now)www.RadioLSF.com. The station will feature lots of screenwriting masterclasses and interviews, but we want to break it up with music (tracks ideally between 2 mins and ten mins in length).

If you would like your music featured on this station (or you know a composer who might and you can forward this message), send us your tracks. We are looking for film music / instrumental score and not songs (we may consider some songs if suitably cinematic). We have a short loop of examples up now for you see what we mean. When it goes live there majority of the programming will be screenwriting related, with very short musical breaks – that’s where you come in. Check it out here www.RadioLSF.com

If selected, your music will run between interviews and presentations and you will be credited when your track plays. This is an opportunity to have your work heard online by audiences who might never discover your work. The station will primarily be listened to by emerging screenwriters and filmmakers. The station will play on any internet web enabled device, including smartphones over wifi and 3G.

Sadly, we cannot pay any fees. To submit, you must own all the rights – composition, recording and performance.

If you want to submit a track, please send it to us, along with a simple rights statement (‘I can confirm that I own all rights to the track ‘name’ etc.’) to  music@londonswf.com

The file MUST be MP3. No other format will be considered.

Please tag your file(s) with your name and title track. If you have accompanying artwork, please add that too the file too (though our station right now does not pull artwork through but we hope it will in the future).

IMPORTANT – Naming convention.
You MUST name the track with the title and name. The file should look something like this…

Sunshine by John Andrews.mp3
or
Final Flight, by Jane Peterson.mp3

Do not use full stops or question marks in names or tagging.

We will let you know if your tracks are used on the station and send links for you to listen and let your followers know too.

If you do contribute, thanks so much and we hope that this exposure will lead to new opportunities.

THIS PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED

Onwards and upwards!

Chris Jones
My movies www.LivingSpiritGroup.com
My Facebook www.Facebook.com/ChrisJonesFilmmaker
My Twitter @LivingSpiritPix

14 Responses to Calling all composers – get your music on our screenwriting radio station

1. Jayson Wong April 28, 2013 at 12:18 am #

Hi Chris,

I’m a freelance composer and will definitely be submitting tracks to you.

How long would you like them to be?

I have pieces ranging from 30 seconds to 15 minutes long so can cut them if required.

Is there a limit to how many tracks we can send?

Thanks,

Jayson

2. david Orrick April 28, 2013 at 10:07 am #

When you say ‘very short musical breaks’ – how short do you mean? Will you be using sound clips from longer tracks? Cheers.

3. Chris April 28, 2013 at 10:53 am #

Ideally tracks should be between two and ten minutes long.

• hakan tuna April 29, 2013 at 1:10 am #

over what period of time will the tracks be used, ie one week two weeks ten years etc ???

4. Dale Sumner April 29, 2013 at 9:31 am #

Hiya Chris,

Many thanks for this opportunity and I too shall be submitting material.

Having read the other messages/questions on this link, most of my questions have been answered. I do however I have a couple of further questions:

1) can I submit more than one track?
    2) does the material need to have been featured in a film or TV programme, or can I submit material that COULD be used or is suitable for film and TV? (I have both).

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dale Sumner-freelance composer.

5. Chris April 29, 2013 at 10:53 am #

Hi Dale, yes it can be ANY music you have composed so long as you own composition, performance and recording rights

• Dale Sumner April 29, 2013 at 1:37 pm #

Hiya Chris,

Many thanks for your response and for answering my queries. I will submitting some tracks this week…

6. Chris Ryde April 29, 2013 at 2:43 pm #

Hi,
    If I’d like to submit multiple compositions should I send them all on one email or separately?
    Thanks,
    Chris Ryde.

• Chris April 29, 2013 at 2:58 pm #

Send then all at once

7. Chris Ryde April 29, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

I’m not asking this question in at all a negative way …
    But is there some sort of terms or conditions or something in terms of copyright and how our tracks could be used?
    Thanks,
    Chris.

8. Chris April 29, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

There will be in due course, and if you ever want your music taken down, tell us and we will do so as fast as we can.

• Chris Ryde April 29, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

Okay .. Thanks a lot 🙂

9. John Pertwe April 29, 2013 at 4:45 pm #

Hi, I didn’t read any of your well-written request for submissions at the top, but have some well-under two minute tracks. I have a special one that is not quite two minutes, more like 1 and a half, but not quite one and a quarter minutes, and I need to know how much money I will get, and that you can tell me exactly when they will play, and for how long, and I’d like to tell you I will be submitting them as m7x files. How do I send them to you, and should they be on betamax linear tracks? or it Hi-8 better?

Thanx

PS: what’s that text over 128 characters at the top of this page? I am doing this all from my brand new 8-core Samsung Kronky pad I bought when my mum fell down a latter and sued a McDonalds.

10. Chris April 29, 2013 at 4:52 pm #

Hi John, send them in anyway