Just a quick heads up, we are bringing film distribution legend Jon Reiss back to the UK to run his two day 21st Century Distribution Masterclass. If you are making a film this year or have just completed one, this workshop is essential. You will learn loads of new ideas and strategies from the guy who has done it himself and written the best selling book on it, Think Outside The Box Office. (and all delegates get a free copy of his book!
Do you want to know how to distribute your film in 2012? How to make the most of all you hard work? How to keep control AND the money your film makes?
When: June 23rd and 24th
Where: London School of Film, Media & Performance at Regent’s College
How Much: £79 early bird, £139 thereafter.
Taught by critically acclaimed filmmaker and author Jon Reiss, the Think Outside the Box Office (TOTBO) 2 Day Master Class gives participants the knowledge and tools they need to create a distribution and marketing path for their films. This course is recommended not only for filmmakers who have finished films, but especially those who are in the early stages of a film project or who want to have a clear understanding of the radically changing landscape for distributing and marketing films.
Jon Reiss’ approach is a practical, step by step guide to create a unique distribution and marketing strategy for your film. During the master class participants will learn:
- Audience Identification
- Ways to connect with and build an audience for your work.
- Social media, organizational partnership and crowdfunding essentials.
- How to create a robust Live Event/Theatrical release that will connect with audiences.
- How to create merchandise that audiences will want to buy.
- A new approach to conceptualizing digital rights and their monetization.
- How to coordinate the timing of their various rights and marketing strategies.
- The importance of integrating this work as early as possible into the filmmaking process.
- How to integrate the exciting new world of transmedia into their work and release.
- What is a Producer of Marketing and Distribution and how they can help you.
The master class culminates in live workshopping several of the attendees selected projects so that the entire audience can see the principals put into practice with their own films.
This is your chance to have YOUR project worked on by Jon.
Get the book FREE!
Every delegate of the Distribution Masterclass will get a free digital copy of Jon’s book, ‘Think Outside The Box Office’. You can load it onto your phone, iPad, computer or print it out and bring it along – I am sure Jon will sign it for you! The book is 364 pages of crammed tips, tricks and strategies that will open your mind to a world of possibilities for your film. Best of all, as soon as you sign up, we will send you the book!