It’s just over two weeks to the 3rd London Screenwriters’ Festival and I am giddy as a school kid to report that we are going to deliver a festival that (amazingly) tops last years extraordinary event!
If you are in the film business, I cannot recommend attending highly enough – no matter your discipline, screenwriter, actor, director, producer, designer… Why? Because story is the bedrock of everything we do. And the festival is a three extravaganza dedicated to storytelling.
Our latest speakers to be announced are Mike Leigh (legend), Lisa Albert (writer and producer of Mad Men), Frank Spotnitz (X-Files), David Yates (Harry Potter director), Pilar Alessandra (Hollywood pitch guru), Luke Ryan (Cabin In The Woods producer)… and over a hundred more players.
So the highlights.
- 120 industry expert speakers LIST HERE
- 100 sessions, panels, events and seminars SCHEDULE HERE
- 500 industry delegates
- Most sessions are filmed (for the ones you miss)
- Pitchfest 2012, pitch your project to top producers, execs and agents MORE HERE
- Online private network (our own private Facebook for writers and filmmakers)
- Script chat, so you can meet and chat with speakers MORE HERE
- Networking drinks and get togetherts, so you can expand your network
- Script reading, get free feedback on your scripts MORE HERE
- Archive of past sessions (over 150 HD multicamera sessions in the network)
- Massive networking opportunities
- Total immersion, get to talk about film and writing for three straight days
- Advanced mentoring labs, giving you face time with industry players MORE HERE
- Free smartphone app
The benefits to you?
- Improve your writing by learning directly from the biggest and most successful people in the industry.
- Increase your chances of success by networking with other professional film makers and screenwriters.
- Tailor the festival to your needs – there are so many sessions to choose from, you can make the whole event unique to you and your project or career.
- Meet our speakers. You can get face time with our industry experts in intimate Script Chat sessions and advanced mentoring labs.
- Pitch your projects to producers and agents who can actually get your film made.
- Start right now – get immediate access to our online delegate network where hundreds of other delegates are now networking and watching last years session videos.
- Keep the learning alive, we film most sessions so you can watch the ones you miss or revisit the ones that resonate with you online later.
- Get inspired. More than anything, our delegates report a massive surge in passion and confidence post the festival.
- Create powerful new allies and relationships. It’s just what happens when we get 600 people like you and me in one room!
And don’t take our word for it, read the feedback we received last year… READ HERE…
So this is it, the biggest creative festival of its kind in Europe, probably the world. A team of five dedicated people have worked for nine months to deliver something that should change your career forever. Really, if you can make it to London, you should come. You really should.
If you use the discount code LSFNEWS you can get a discount of £30 off the ticket, taking it down to £270 for the three days and access to the online network with all videos. Use the discount code when you buy your ticket. And remember, tell your accountant too as the ticket is tax deductible!
Sign up now at http://www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com or use the widget below…
See you there!
Onwards and upwards!