You can now get the book on Amazon HERE.
Wow, well that was a whirlwind!
We had 230 stories submitted to this initiative and each one was read by four experienced readers before selecting the 25 to go into the book.
I plan to share an analysis of the experience in the coming days so we can all benefit from what we learned.
We have also just opened up bookings for our Christmas calls with Santa if you have kids or knows someone who would like this. All proceeds are going to help the London Screenwriters’ festival. You can read more and book HERE.
The standard was high, though some repetition of ideas caused us to have to choose between stories that were similar. If you didn’t make the cut, remember it’s soooooo subjective too. It’s art and inescapable. If you wrote to a crazy deadline AND managed to get it submitted, that in itself is an accomplishment AND you created something that is now in the world. That’s marvellous.
But for now, lets ALL give the 25 who were selected a round of applause!
Drum roll please (and in no specific order)…
- Ricardo Bravo, A Christmas Lesson from Timmy, the World’s Smallest Giant
- Carole Parsons, Amimej and the Back-to-Front Christmas
- Cheryl Lang, The Lonely Christmas Tree
- Harriet Barbir, Santaroo
- Gillian Spiller, The Christmas Sock
- Ruth Nolan, Rudolph’s Nose
- Dominic Brancaleone, A Bedtime Adventure
- Maxine Lennon, He He He!
- Hank Isaac, Santa… Really?
- Helen Lusher, Hare And The Moon
- Catherine Veitch, Shine Brightly
- Rachael Howard, Pippin’s Worry
- Josh Shevill, Omega-Man, The (not so) Lonely Hero
- Zanna Twist, Mittens and Mink Meet Santa!
- Rachael Crofts, Cub’s Christmas Tale
- Fiona Hunnisett, Grace’s Dad
- Jen Lyon, Belle’s Christmas Wish
- Joelle Edwards, A Pinch of Christmas Courage
- Jenny Heap, Christmas Eve at the Zoo
- Jennifer Bozarth, Fidget the Elf
- Cera Rose Pickering, Christmas Colours
- Lucy Unwin, The Christmas Moon
- Siân Rowland, The Littlest Shepherd
- EV Parker, I Want
- Nadya Thulin, Mr. Kris
These stories will all now feature in the book which is being put together by McKyla Cox in America… We will be deciding on the title today too.
Massive and I mean MASSIVE thanks and acknowledgement must go to the whole team who worked round the clock to read and asses everything.
So thank you Savannah Morgan, Elinor D. Perry-Smith, Emma Pullar, Lawrence Morgan and Mark Walker.
We will also be filming them in the coming days, with Michael van Koetsveld who will play our Santa, reading them aloud.
These Christmas films will be released one a day in the run up to the 25th of December, on the Facebook page and Youtube. And please do consider buying the book too, links will be going live in the next few days.
AMAZING and a testament to what is possible with a big goal, drive and a world class team as well as super talented writers.
Onwards and upwards!